“[Valerie] helped me gain a thorough understanding of the steps involved in taking your idea and putting it into print.” — Seminar attendee
The author of four books (and counting), for fifteen years, I directed marketing departments for major book publishers. Over the course of my career, I’ve managed, touched and/or had a front-row-seat to nearly every part of the book publishing process — I understand the business side of book publishing and its “peculiarities.”
Personal. Insightful. Specific. Loooved her… Valerie Peterson was a delight — straightforward, engaging and entertaining. She knows the publishing business… Hearing both [the publishing and author] sides was a huge benefit — MediaBistro student
I consult with select non-fiction clients on:
- Book proposal development
- Author bio / platform / brand assessment & development
- Content marketing and social media strategy & development
An accomplished speaker and instructor, I’m available to give lectures, seminars, webinars, and to moderate panels on topics related to book publishing and authoring, including:
- Book Publishing 101 for Writers — what you need to know about getting acquired by a book publisher
- Writing the non-fiction book proposal
- Tips to maximize publishing success
- Content marketing and social media strategy for authors
- Preparing to be an author — critical steps to take before your book is launched
For a generous advance sampling of my publishing industry expertise, TheBalanceCareers.com, a client for whom I inaugurated (and ran for six years) the Book Publishing area. Some of my favorite articles are:
- What do you need to be published by a major publisher?
- Six steps to getting a literary agent
- Should you self-publish?
To contact me for one-on-one consulting or speaking, email vpcontentmeant[at]gmail.com.
I also consults on marketing, content strategy, and content development. For more information on all of my consulting work for businesses and authors, check out ContentMeant.biz.