“[Valerie] helped me gain a thorough understanding of the steps involved in taking your idea and putting it into print.” — Seminar attendee
The author of four books (and counting), for fifteen years, Valerie directed marketing departments for major book publishers. Over the course of her career, she has managed, touched and/or had a front-row-seat to nearly every part of the book publishing process — she understands the business side of book publishing and its “peculiarities.”
Personal. Insightful. Specific. Loooved her… Valerie Peterson was a delight — straightforward, engaging and entertaining. She knows the publishing business… Hearing both [the publishing and author] sides was a huge benefit — MediaBistro student
Valerie’s consults with select non-fiction clients on:
- Book proposal development
- Author bio / platform / brand assessment & development
- Content marketing and social media strategy & development
An accomplished speaker and instructor, she is available for lectures, seminars, webinars, and to moderate panels on topics related to book publishing and authoring, including:
- Book Publishing 101 for Writers — what you need to know about getting acquired by a book publisher
- Writing the non-fiction book proposal
- Tips to maximize publishing success
- Content marketing and social media strategy for authors
- Preparing to be an author — critical steps to take before your book is launched
To contact Valerie for one-on-one consulting or speaking, email valerie[at]valeriepeterson.net.
Valerie also consults on marketing, content strategy, and content development.
For a generous advance sampling of her publishing industry expertise, check out About.com, a client for whom Valerie inaugurated (and still runs) the Book Publishing site on the Money channel. Some of her favorite articles are:
- What do you need to be published by a major publisher?
- Six steps to getting a literary agent
- Should you self-publish?
- Timeless book marketing lessons from the late Julia Child