“IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. IF IT WASN’T HARD, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT. HARD IS WHAT MAKES IT GREAT.” — A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN *
Although I’ve always been a writer and my video experience extends back to directing / producing / overseeing edits of hundreds of Doubleday video book presentations, I blame an Austin Film Festival talk by author turned film writer-director Peter Hedges for my realization that directing my work would further satisfy my bossy, control freak tendencies.
Here’s my (in need of updating) reel:
If you’re looking to work with me, click on the individual projects below for much more detail.
- Pretty Dead — co-wrote this fest-circuit darling and award-winning short film
- The Maid of Honor — wrote and directed this narrative comedic short (see my storyboard, above)
- Reconciling Jimmy — one-hour procedural pilot got me to finalist / semi-finalist rounds of prestigious programs
- Peterson’s Happy Hour — half-hour sitcom pilot, loosely inspired by my humor/cocktail book
- Blue Bloods — “Talk to Me” — one-hour procedural spec script
- The Jane Austen Syndrome — a much-recognized feature screenplay
- I’ve written, directed, produced & supervised editing of 200+ hours of book- and publishing-centric videos, which I now wish I’d kept more of, for blackmail purposes.
*Screenplay by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel