“It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. Hard is what makes it great.” — A League of Their Own *
Although she’s always been a writer and her video experience extends back to producing Doubleday book presentations, Valerie blames an Austin Film Festival talk by Peter Hedges for her realization that directing her work would further satisfy her bossy, control freak tendencies.
Some highlights of her film, video, and TV experiences:
- Reconciling Jimmy — one-hour procedural pilot
- Blue Bloods — “Talk to Me” — one-hour procedural spec script
- The Maid of Honor — narrative comedic short (see my storyboard, above)
- The Jane Austen Syndrome — feature screenplay
- A gazillion hours of Doubleday editor and author videos (producer), which Valerie now wishes she had kept for blackmail purposes.
*Screenplay by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel