“IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. IF IT WASN’T HARD, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT. HARD IS WHAT MAKES IT GREAT.” — A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN *
Although I’ve always been a writer and my video experience extends back to producing Doubleday book presentations, I blames an Austin Film Festival talk by author turned film writer-director Peter Hedges for my realization that directing my work would further satisfy my bossy, control freak tendencies.
If you’re looking to work with me, check out the individual projects to see the honors I’ve gotten for each.
Some highlights of my film, video, and TV experiences:
- Reconciling Jimmy — one-hour procedural pilot
- Blue Bloods — “Talk to Me” — one-hour procedural spec script
- The Maid of Honor — narrative comedic short (wrote, directed — and see my storyboard, above)
- The Jane Austen Syndrome — a much-honored feature screenplay
- Pretty Dead — a fest-circuit darling and award-winning short film
- A gazillion hours of Doubleday editor and author videos (producer), which I now wish I’d kept more, for blackmail purposes.
*Screenplay by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel